Welcome

The issues of the teacher librarians and para-professionals in California School Libraries. Please share your concerns, feedback and questions.

Monday, January 23, 2012

Think Globally...Attend Locally


Hello CSLA members and friends,
My name is Katie Williams, and I am the President-Elect of the Northern Region. I have been a member of CSLA for over 20 years, and have found it to be an excellent professional organization. A few years ago I took my principal to an annual conference, as my guest, and she was so impressed with the quality and quantity of professional sessions that were being offered that year.

Luckily, we don't have to wait until an annual conference to take advantage of the expertise of our members! I have been to many regional workshops that have made a difference in the way I do my job, as a middle school teacher librarian. We have great region reps who put together professional development opportunities throughout the year, and this year is no exception.

Coming up very soon is a workshop in Sacramento on Saturday, February 11 at 9:00 a.m., organized by our Section 2 members, Andrea Catania-Stephenson and Annette Weiskircher. Save the date.... it promises to be an interesting session on Google Apps and QR Codes! You can check our CSLA website for more details as they become available.

I hope I will meet more of our Northern Region members this year, as we continue to support and educate each other.

2 comments:

  1. Katie you are so right, there are a plethora of human resources, in addition to the wonderful professional development opportunities in the North, the South as well as our state sponsored events. I hope that our members take advantage of all there is to offer. If you are not a member, please join the CSLA family and the wealth of professional collaboration, inspiration, dedication, and expertise.

    Kathie Maier, CSLA Southern Region President

    ReplyDelete